Group companies or individuals are:
- registered as Auditors in Malta
- registered as Accountants in Malta, United Kingdom & Ireland
- registered as Trustees in Malta & United Kingdom
- registered as Corporate Service Providers in Malta & United Kingdom
Malta Individual Investor Programme
Legal Notice 47 of 2014, Maltese Citizenship Act (Cap. 188), Individual Investor Programme of the Republic of Malta Regulations, 2014
By virtue of Legal Notice Ln47/2014 the Government of the Republic of Malta grants naturalisation by investment to reputable individuals and their dependants, after a rigid and thorough due diligence process, who make a significant contribution to the social and economic development of the country.
The following are highlights from the Legal Notice 47 of 2014 of the regulations issued by the President of Malta.
The Applicant (main applicant) may also include his/her spouse, children and parents or grandparents, under certain conditions, to benefit under this Programme
This Programme shall allow for the granting of citizenship by a certificate of naturalisation to foreign individuals and their families who contribute to the economic development of Malta.
Beneficiaries under the Global Residence Programme may also additionally apply under this Programme.
The qualifications and general requirements for a person to be a Main Applicant for citizenship under this Programme are the following:
- At least 18 years if age
- Makes a contribution
- Meets the application requirements
- Residential address in Malta
- Commits to make investment in Malta
The Applicant, his/her spouse and dependants should satisfy the following requirements.
- Complete an application form
- Pay a non-refundable fee of €10,000
- Bank charges of €200 per application
- Provide a health certificate
- Provide a police certificate (these may be submitted at date following the submission if the application but before the approval stage)
- Pass a ‘fit and proper’ test
- Undertake to remit the total if required contribution
- Undertake to purchase or lease property in Malta
- Main Applicant to make an Affidavit of Support for each dependent who us over 18 years of age
- Provide authenticated translations into English where necessary
Forms required to be signed by dependants under 18 years if age shall be required to be signed by parents or guardian/s. Documentary evidence is required to be produced to prove relationship with said dependent.
The Programme will be managed by a Government Agency called Identity Malta. The number of successful applicants under the Programme will be capped at 1,800. Identity Malta will receive applications from Maltese financial services practitioners to be appointed as Approved Agents. Only Approved Agents will be authorised to promote the Programme and to submit applications on behalf of clients to Identity Malta.
Identity Malta shall within 90 days of receipt of a correctly compiled application and supporting documents carry out verification work. Within 30 days of the completion of the initial verification work Identity Malta shall carry out additional background checks. At the end if this 30 day period Identity Malta shall notify the Approved Agent in accordance with the Minister’s instructions that the application has been (a) approved in principle (b) refused or (c) delayed.
Where the application has been Approved in Principle, Identity Malta shall also issue a letter of Approval in Principle to the Main Applicant requesting that he/she provides (i) evidence of a global health insurance policy/ies covering the Main Applicant, spouse and dependants and (ii) written undertaking to acquire or lease a residential immovable property in Malta for a minimum value of €350,000 or a minimum annual lease of €16,000 [a 5 year contract to be provided within 4 months].
The Main Applicant shall also provide a written undertaking that he will make such other investment in Malta to an amount of €150,000 as identified by Identity Malta and retain such investment for 5 years.
The contribution, less the non-refundable deposit already paid with the application, is to be settled within 25 days of receipt if the Approval in Principle letter.
The contribution values are as follows:
- Main Applicant – €650,000
- Spouse – €25,000
- Child under 18 years – €25,000
- Unmarried child 18 to 26 years – €50,000
- Dependent parent or grandparent above 55years – €50,000
Additional due diligence fees:
- Main Applicant – €7,500
- Spouse – €5,000
- Child between 13 and 18 years – €3,000
- Unmarried child 18 to 26 years – €5,000
- Dependent parent or grandparent above 55 years – €5,000
A personal interview with an applicant is not mandatory but may be requested.
Within 2 years but not less than 6 months from the date of an approved application the Minister shall issue a certificate of naturalisation to all successful applicants. The applicants can then apply for a Maltese passport after taking an Oath of Allegiance. Passport fees are €500 per passport.
The Government will place 70% of the contribution into The National Economic & Development Fund. This Fund will be administered by a Board of Trustees. The remaining 30% will be paid directly into public coffers.
A certificate of naturalisation under these regulations shall be issued to the main applicant after proof of residence in Malta for a period of at least twelve months preceding the day of the issuing of the certificate of naturalisation has been submitted.
The above should not be taken as advice on or promotion of the Individual Investor Programme. Professional advice should be sought from an Approved Agent.